Tank Question and Picture

Subforo especial del suplemento España en Llamas de la Guerra Civil Española.
George Spiggott
Soldado
Ejército Flames of War: Spain in Flames
Contactar:

Tank Question and Picture

Mensajepor George Spiggott » 30/Sep/2012 22:32

Hello again all. I have been increasing my forces and our group is now playing 1,000 point battles.
Imagen

This is a photograph of my Communist aligned People's Republican Battalion advancing into battle against the Nationalists.

Also a question. The Republican Militia list states that no BT-5 tanks may be taken, yet the entry in the list has only FT tanks.
Can the Militia take Tanks from the tank entry in the Republican Regular army list? Put simply, can Republican Militia field T-26 tanks?

Thank you.

Minairons Miniatures
Cabo
Cabo
Contactar:

Re: Tank Question and Picture

Mensajepor Minairons Miniatures » 01/Oct/2012 11:23

Nice looking battlegroup, George! ...are these Peter Pig?

According to Spain in Flames v.1, it seems that only Renault FT-17 tanks can be fielded alongside to irregular militiae. I guess that you could also replace them with short run/improvised armour such as tiznaos, Barbastro or Sadurni tracked AFVs, and so. One Madrid IB militia unit fielded a section of captured Panzer I A. In any case, I bet most of such alternative armour wouldn't be as useful as an old good FT-17 ;)

But I'm afraid there's no chance for irregular militiae to take charge on T-26 tanks --unless re-captured from Nationalists! :D

Besides, by the time when the first BT-5 arrived in Spain, most militiae had already been merged into the Popular Army, or disbanded.

Hope this helps,
Lluís

George Spiggott
Soldado
Contactar:

Re: Tank Question and Picture

Mensajepor George Spiggott » 01/Oct/2012 17:44

Hi, thanks. So the Militia only have access to the tank entry on page 110 (and anything you could justify historically). The phrase 'excepto carros BT-5' is unneeded then.

No problem and thanks again.

Also yes, these are all Peter Pig Miniatures except for the BT-5 tanks which are Zvesda models.

Volver a “España en Llamas”